Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Life | Special Concerns & Conditions


I wanted to go through a list of the things that make doing makeup difficult for me. I try to take the best care of myself, but sometimes there are barriers to getting the best look. So here's a list of my major concerns and things I have to consider when buying and applying makeup!



ACNE, ACNE SCARS, & HYPER-PIGMENTATION
I have cystic & nodular acne, acne scars, & pigmentation differences in my skin from acne on my face, back, & chest. I used to have very oily skin as a teenager, but now my skin has evened out to be combination. I'm always trying new products/methods to help relieve the pain and shame that come with having acne. Although my acne has gotten better over the years, one of my biggest concerns now is that I have the extremes of very dry and very oily skin on my face. Needless to say, I'm on the lookout for an amazing moisturizer or lotion that will make my face soft and supple...because right now there are very rough, dry patches with an oily T-zone. Also, the skin around my eyes tends to get get dry because of some products I use on my face (even though I don't put the product around my eye area), so I'm also looking for an amazingly moisturizing eye cream. My skin is very sensitive all over my face and neck.

ALLERGIES, DARK CIRCLES, & UNDER-EYE BAGS
So, ever since I was a little girl (before kindergarten) I had a doctor telling my mom that I needed to be on a constant decongestant. That never actually happened because of my family's money situation and also their beliefs about how often medicine should be taken. But, I have chronic rhinitis, or hay fever, all year long. Oftentimes I get infections and develop sinusitis without ever getting a virus. Bacteria builds up over time in the mucus that stays trapped in my nasal cavities and sinuses, and it causes infections. Also, fluid gets trapped under my eyes because it is not able to drain properly. Some days my eyes look better than others, and what I am able to conceal, I'm very grateful for.

RECENTLY REMEDIED CONDITIONS
During this school year, I have found solutions to two of my past concerns with my physical body. One is that the water on my campus is so rust-filled and irritating that it made me have the most horrible dandruff! And that's not good with black hair. Fixed this with one product that my hairdresser recommended, and I got it 20% off!
The other condition that has been remedied is my allergic dermatitis on my neck. This has been a problem for a couple of years now, and I finally found a product that relieve the redness, irritation, dryness, roughness, and skin flaking that was on my neck.

I talked about both of these miracle products that worked to remedy the two conditions mentioned above in my March Favorites video, which can be found here:

MONEY
I do not have a lot of money to buy makeup or skincare products. I make about $3500 per summer and do not have a job during the rest of the year. A good chunk of the money I make goes toward college and all the expenses that go along with taking care of myself. Student loans take care of food costs during the school year, and my parents provide food & a place for me to stay during the summer. So I'm definitely not complaining. I do have a place to live at all times, and I do have the money to have more than what I need in order to live. I just have a small makeup collection (compared to the big beauty gurus) that slowly grows over time.
So why am I telling you this? I want everyone to know that I do what I can to use a variety of products, but I know that unless I unexpectedly come into a lot of money, my makeup collection isn't going to grow very quickly. Therefore, I will be using a lot of the same products over and over again in my videos. I do love the products that I have because I bought all of the items that I must have first before adding anything to my collection. So it's not that I dislike my current collection; I just dislike the size of it. But then, who doesn't always want more?

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/XxBombchellexX
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/XxBombchellexX
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XxBombchellexX

2 comments: