Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Life | Acne

My main downfall and thing I dislike most about my body is my acne. Primarily the acne on my face, although I do have some on my back and chest as well.
I've never been to a dermatologist. My mom has never believed in taking anything unnatural into the body, thus always being afraid of any acne medication a dermatologist might prescribe to me. Therefore, she would never agree to take me to even get a proper diagnosis. And now that I'm in college, I can't afford to pay for my own dermatologist visits. So I just deal with things the best that I can and the best that I know how.
But from what I can tell from doing my own research on several sites and from a couple popular YouTubers, my acne consists of cysts and nodules. And at 21, I'm pretty well past the stage of teenage acne.

Some YouTubers that have suffered from acne and their stories:
DiamondsAndHeels14 | Foundation Routine for Flawless Skin
gossmakeupartist | HOW TO: CURE ACNE!!!!

Currently I'm on day 2 of gossmakeupartist's regimen that he describes in the video linked above. This is what my face looks like:




In these pictures, there are no products on my skin. I took these right after I finished cleansing this morning. You can see all of my acne bumps (the cysts and nodules), the redness, and also the excessive dryness of my skin after using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for a day and a half. Believe it or not, my acne is a lot better than it was yesterday!
I can't quite give any sort of opinion on the regimen yet, so we'll see what happens to my skin as time goes on!

2 comments: